Enfield High School empowers our students to be respectful and responsible citizens who are college and career ready. Meaningful and challenging learning experiences enable our students to become critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and effective communicators. Our school community supports the social and emotional development of students and encourages the exploration of their interests and talents.
· Next week is the beginning of AP testing. AP testing will run from May 2 – May 15th. All testing will be done in the Health rooms near the weight room. We ask that students stay quiet in that area. All Teen Leadership and Health rooms will have alternate classrooms. Students who are taking the AP tests can see Mrs. Mazzone in room A301 to pick up their ticket for the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream social on May 15th during Eagle Hour.
· Balfore will be at the school on April 27 and 28 during Eagle Hour. If you ordered a class ring, you will be able to pick it up in the cafeteria.
· Want to save a life? The American Red Cross will be holding a blood drive in the back gym on Tuesday May 9th. Sign up in the main lobby and see Mr. Barnes if you have any questions.
· Lip Dub sign-ups are now happening in the main lobby before homeroom and by the entrance to the cafeteria during Eagle Hour. Filming will begin May 1, 2017. Be sure to have your sign-up sheet completely filled out and songs and locations are on a first come, first serve basis.
· Seniors: Prom tickets go on sale April 27th for $65.00 per person. Guest forms are available in your Dean’s office or in room A310. A packet of excellent info will be distributed at the senior assembly next week. Prom is May 12th at Maneeley’s!
· Teachers: Are your classroom plants looking a little bit sad after the long winter? Could they use a boost for spring but you don’t want to buy fertilizer? Did you know there is an active compost club here at EHS making compost for use around the building? Contact Mr. C Murray and we can arrange for club members to bring some compost to give your plants a boost!
· The writing center is now open on the second floor fish bowl on Eagle Hour B on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Eagle Hour A on Tuesday and Thursday. Stop in if you’d like to help on brainstorming, drafting, and revising a paper. No appointment is necessary, everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there.
· Attention all musicians!!! Enfield High School is starting an open mic club with Mr. McMahon and Alex Crawford. We are looking for a lead guitar player, a keyboard player, a horn section, and a couple of vocalists. See Mr. McMahon for any further details about the club in room A313. We will be playing in the Ensemble room Mondays through Thursday and we will be in the auditorium on Fridays during Eagle Hour A and B.
· Attention seniors: scholarships are beginning to arrive in the guidance department. Please stop by to see what is being offered. You can also log into your Naviance account and see all scholarships that are currently active. Check weekly as more scholarships will be added.